On Tuesday, July 21, 2020, Dr. J.R. Green, Fairfield County School District’s Superintendent, recommended a Modified Virtual option, which was approved by the Fairfield County School District’s Board of Trustees, for the delivery of instruction to students. The Modified Virtual option includes but is not limited to:
- Students will predominantly receive instruction virtually.
- Additionally, students will be identified to potentially receive face to face instruction based on specific grade level and/or specific needs (e.g., Multi-Lingual Learner (MLL), Special Education, Career and Technical Education (CTE), Gifted & Talented (GT) Education, and/or accessibility to the internet).
- Attendance will be taken each day.
- Teachers will teach virtually from their assigned classroom.
- Instruction will be live streamed to students via a virtual platform.
- Temperature checks will take place upon arrival to school.
The first window to submit a Request for Special Consideration’s Application is July 27, 2020 – August 3, 2020. The parent/legal guardian will submit the form with the requested supporting documents/materials either by email to email@example.com, or mail/in person to the following address:
Fairfield County School District
Attn: Leevette Malloy, Director of Secondary Education
1226 U.S. Highway 321 By-Pass South
Winnsboro, South Carolina 29180